POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Terrain with image map? : Terrain with image map? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Terrain with image map?
From: Erf Merf
Date: 24 Oct 2002 03:20:03
Message: <web.3db79dfcf6ec25bcd2adf70@news.povray.org>
I am creating an intro animation for a game I'm working on and thought it
would be cool to have a fly-by or fly-around of the main continent in the
game.  I used a height feild to create the terrain as a simply greyscale
image, then colorize that image as a sort of "skin" for my height field.  I
couldn't find any documentation on this anywhere and attempted to use a
image map which didn't work.  Any ideas?